The 2022 Eurasian Grassland Conference of the Eurasian Dry Grassland Group (EDGG) is organized by the University of the Basque Country (Spain). The conference is intended to bring together latest research and link this to conservation of grasslands in the face of global change. There will be the following sessions:
- Succession and species turnover in abandoned grasslands
- Biodiversity of urban grasslands
- Above and belowground grassland diversity
- Grassland conservation and global change
- Classification of Palaearctic grasslands and other open habitats
- Conservation genetics
In addition, we will offer:
- Special Issues in Tuexenia and Hacquetia.
- Young Investigator Prizes to the best oral and poster presentations, and travel grants from IAVS
- Two optional workshops: Meet the editors and Introduction to Orthoptera (by Rocco Labadessa)
- Keynote speaks will be given by Alfonso San Miguel, Monika Janišová and Frank Yonghong Li.
Hall sessions will take place from 12 to 15 September 2022 in Tolosa, while an optional post‐conference tour in Navarre region will take us from the coasts of Bay of Biscay to the Ebro valley and the Pyrenees (16‐18 September). Both the mid‐conference (Aizkorri‐Aratz Natural Park on 14th September) and the post‐conference excursions will lead to regions where still species‐rich grasslands are in agricultural use.
Save the dates!
Registration opens 1st April
Early Bird registration and abstract submission deadline – 30 April
Late registration deadline – 15 June
Please visit our website for the details: https://edgg.org/egc2022